Malkioni Theology

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:32:44 +1200

Ian Gorlick:

>Julian Lord suggests Invisiblism as a new heresy and seeks a better name.
>How about the Pure Faith, since it emphasizes faith over proof. The
>followers would be called Puritans.

>It should actually be a main-stream branch of the Malkioni church
>somewhere, rather than just a fringe heresy.

I think not. Malkionism is a philosophy that relies upon the existance of cosmic laws deduced from observations of the observable world. Denying this proof means one is no longer a Malkioni.

There are Malkioni Trascendentalists but their method is still recognizably Malkioni.

>Somewhere there must be monotheists who
>haven't fallen into the trap of deifying mere mortal saints but have
>reserved their worship for the One True God. Yeah, I know the poor
>benighted saint worshippers claim that they are "venerating" rather
>than "worshipping" the saints, but there isn't really any difference.

This is something completely different to requiring Faith to reach God. Secondly "Veneration" is the Malkioni method of worship - there is little difference between the philosophy behind the Veneration of God and the Veneration of Saints.