Re: Magic Reality

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:16:28 EDT

The One True Alex:

<< Trotsky:
> Actually, orthodox mystics would say that magic is indeed just an
illusion,
> the use of which will entrap you further in the world. >>

> Yes, but they say that of almost *everything*

 Yes. Your point? ;-) Well, mystics may or may not say reality, magic, gods, etc are Illusions, per se. Your Mystic May Vary. But they all say something to the effect that they are dangers/temptations/etc that one must not fall into -- that sorta thing. But magic is a _particular_ danger. >>

      I don't deny any of this, but fail to see what is has to do with my claim that mystics don't beleive magic exists at all, and is all just fakery, or at least that its less 'real' (as opposed to more tempting/dangerous, whatever) than the physical world is. I thought that was fairly uncontentious, but perhaps it just shows how little I know about mysticism...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky