d'Roolz.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 19:44:18 +0100 (BST)

danny bourne:
> I'd say that if HW sells 5,000+ copies, then it's been a decent success

I'd say if it sells less, it's up the River Faeces, and rather oarless.

> None of the above [top tend sellers] mentioned I would call particularly
> rules lite. Especially not the first two (though maybe yes for GURPS).

GURPS is rules lite? Je ne crois pas! We're talking bastard son of RQ and Champions, here... (with a venerable old grandfather in TFT).

I think there has been a trend toward setting-specific rules, rather than (necessarily) rules-lite games, GURPS would be the notable exception to that, of course.

> I do feel that it'll be harder to write good scenarios, or
> scenarios that can be structured in terms of what skill roles to make,
> because of the key word system.

I think a perfectly feasible soluition is to simply write what the 'model' ability to have for the task is, or simply to briefly indicate what's involved, and let the ref. judge the Appropriateness of the Ability the player decides to throw at the problem.

Slan,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #571