Military Hero Wars

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:46:45 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/99 8:38:24AM, you write:

<< >I assume you mean RPG rules rather than table top miniatue rules. No
>miniatures rules will work for HQ because of all the miffic stuff involved.

 Roderick
 Gloranthan Military Expert replied:
 Well, I hope to prove you wrong, as I'm in the middle of writing just such a  set of rules ("miffic" and all).
 Yes, getting all the Feats, Magical Skills, Spirit Abilities and Spells in a  hard-rules format will be difficult, but the set will be (crossed fingers)  fully compatible with HW, but on a larger scale - Regiments instead of Hero  bands (or adventurer parties, for the unininitiated).>>

As previously described on the digest, I used the HW conflict mechanic to play out a number of battles in my campaign, with players taking the roles of generals and commanders. The actions would require a description of the troop action, high risk manouevers would be high stake etc. It worked really well (with a few loopholes - defensive fortifications were a bit unbalanced. The best bit was the speed of the system and the resulting 'battle narrative' which would have read (if it had been wrtten down) like a description of a historical battle.

Keith N