King of Dragon Pass status report

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:39:52 -0700

King of Dragon Pass, the Glorantha computer game, has reached alpha, an important software development milestone.

WHAT IS KING OF DRAGON PASS?
King of Dragon Pass is a turn-based strategy game, which portrays the history of a clan over 100 years as it's part of the recolonization of Dragon Pass. It was also known by the code-name "Opal." You get to explore the new land, build up your herds and connection with the gods, persuade your neighbors to join into a tribe, and finally forge all the tribes into a kingdom.

More information is at <http://a-sharp.com/opal/>, and we plan on demonstrating the game at Tentacles Reanimated in Bacharach, Germany next month.

WHAT IS ALPHA?
All features we plan to put in the game are now in place and working, and there are no serious bugs.

WHEN IS IT DUE?
We are projecting a two month period of alpha testing and bug fixing, after which it will enter a two month beta testing cycle. This means an estimated completion date of 1 September. Please note that software development schedules are sometimes inaccurate.

WHO IS PUBLISHING IT?
Unfortunately, we don't have an answer yet.

I AM IN THE G.T.A., WHERE'S MY COPY?
Charter Heroes and Rune Masters were promised a copy, and a few have already received one. We ask that you sign a Testing Agreement, found on the private web site for Heroes and Rune Masters. (You should have received a password from Issaries, Inc., although they have been having trouble with e-mail bouncing. We're trying to resolve this.) We will send out releases that pass our internal testing requirements, so we can't predict exactly when we'll be mailing your copy, other than some time in the next two months.

CAN I BE A TESTER?
Sadly, many people who want to test the game live outside North America. The game is 450 megabytes in size, and our server can't handle that load, even if you are lucky enough to have a fast connection. We mail test copies on CD-ROMs, and to ensurely timeliness, don't plan on having many overseas testers.

If you're interested in being a beta tester, submit your qualifications, including hardware configuration, to <opal_at_a-sharp.com>.

David Dunham A Sharp, LLC david_at_a-sharp.com http://a-sharp.com