Malkioni and God of Gaps

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 14:22:38 +1200

Keith Nellist:

>The Malkioni have deduced everything that they can deduce (and that
>can be deduced) from the observable world.

Wrong. New discoveries are made all the time. Malkionism is a dynamic faith, not a static one.

>What they cannot deduce, and cannot observe, is the Invisible
>(unobservable, undeduceable) God. This is a 'that which science
>cannot explain is God' type agrument.

And derisively known in talk.origins as the "God of Gaps". This theory is flawed in that everytime something that was previously unknown is explained, the God of Gaps has to undergo a massive retreat to maintain his mystery. I don't know about you, but I prefer my Malkioni to use their heads at least once in a blue moon.