God of Gaps

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 16:40:18 EDT

Peter Metcalfe responds to me
(note that despite the title this is not a reference to either Digest #560  OR Jaldon the crazed dental mystic

<< Keith Nellist:

>The Malkioni have deduced everything that they can deduce (and that
>can be deduced) from the observable world.

 Wrong. New discoveries are made all the time. Malkionism is  a dynamic faith, not a static one.

My thinking was that everything had been deduced but had since been either forgotten or lost. This comes from the perception that everyone, bar the Lunars, are trying to re establish some sort of golden age of logic or whatever; their own perfect utopia. So I was unclear. The following logic on the God of Gaps getting reduced by each discovery is no longer relevant in thius case, although I can see what Peter is getting at.

The good thing about malkioni discussions is that, whatever you come up with has a possibility of being some sort of heresy somewhere in Glorantha.

I'm not sure I like the name Invisibles for a sect of non-saint venerators. Too many jokes about "Invisibles, I've never seen any". BTW was the reference to the blue moon a sly little pun about Annilla?

Keith N