Re: How common are rune levels?

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 07:37:15 EDT

Jane:

<< FWIW, I have the elders of the clan as a mix of Rune level and senior
initiate. >>

      I agree. I have a level of about 2% of the adult population being rune level. So, in a typical 1000-member Orlanthi clan that's about ten of 'em, many of whom will be Orlanth and Ernalda priest(esse)s, leaving just a few for the smaller cults such as Humakt, LM, etc. The figure may be lower in more sedentary cultures than the Orlanthi, such as the Dara Happans, or it may be that they have just as many rune levels but a higher proportion of them follow tame(ish) deities like Mohenjar and Oria.

<<The clan chief: not actually rune level, but an Orlanth Rex init, which I
give the same social status>>

      Agreed. The tribal King or Queen is a priest of Orlanth Rex in my campaign, but the chieftains are 'just' initiates. I don't know whether this is in accordance with official thinking, though.

Thomas Hobday:

<<is there a write-up or any information (apart from GoG) on the cult of
Eurmal, its priests, services etc?>>

      The full write-up was in QuestLines #1, although that may not be available any longer.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky