Just for you, Alex... ;)

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 09:07:46 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 17:46:36 +0200
> From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
> Subject: RuneHeroes
>
> Stuff which is *definitely* high up on my personal agenda :
>
> * to scrap the RQ Resistance table, and replace it with HW rules
>
> * to scrap RQ(2, 3, 4, 3.5, in fact: every version)
> Spirit Combat rules, and replace them HW-wise
>
> Do any else of you have definite hybridisation plans?

Spirit combat was something I was considering, but my only definitive plans are to use HW rules to augment the Hero Will variants I'm already using for "Heroic" contests/actions while HeroQuesting, and to use it to replace the Bargaining skill :) (maybe Oratory, but I roleplay 99% of "oratorial interactions" anyway).

If the mechanics hold up well under playtest w/ RQ2, I might use HW rules to allow whole sets of secondary/tertiary skills (i.e. the kind of skills that never get checks because their use is too narrow and therefore too infrequently used in game sessions).