For those who think that Chaos came from the Beyond...

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alex.lanciani_at_flashnet.it>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 18:15:53 +0200

        There are many, I think, that stage Chaos as an extra-dimensional or outer space thing. An alien (a virus!) in Glorantha that comes from outside the containing bubble.

        If this were right (and IMG it isn't), would there be a Realm of Chaos or something alike? What would it be like? Something like Lovercraft's Dreamlands? Could it be explored?

        Is only Chaos that can enter Glorantha, or would there be other things that could? Is (in view of this) Glorantha really a closed world? Would an alien to Glorantha, maybe a painted Pict from Earth, be sensed as chaotic? Maybe that's the key to understand Chaos: what does not belong here.

        If Chaos can enter the world, can something escape? Is Glorantha embedded in a larger universe, but confined by the Net and the sacrifice of its Gods? To preserve its purity from the taint of the outside (i.e. Chaos) they had to close it and lose much of their power. This may also explain why Glorantha's history is so impervious to change - each time something new appears, someone wants to change something, the world responds by restoring the previous order, God Learner and Lunar Empire included, Dawn excepted. And the perfect world is represented, AFAIK, in all cultures as the pre-Dawn world. Am I wrong?

        Do all this considerations belong here, or am I just raving? Please, illuminate me.

	Bye,
	A perplexed Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #582