Mastery &Spirits

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:47:51 EDT

Nick Brooke (without Inside Knowledge):

<< HW Mastery *is* far more than a starting character possesses in any ability.
 But it is not unattainably far from a new character's sights. Rather like  90% skill in RuneQuest. >>

I also (without Inside Knowledge) had assumed that a Level of Mastery was an equivalent of 90%, similarly something like [very stong] would be STR 18.

Julian Lord wants to hybridise HW/RQ spirit combat. Now this is an area which may prove difficult to dramatically describe in storytelling mode. At least I think I need some inspiration. I guess there are a few scenes in Biturian Varosh, but if anyone has any ideas on this I, for one, would appreciate them. RQ spirit combat is/was a dreadful number crunch process anyway (IMO) which lacked the detail of RQ physical combat, had relatively few tactics, and could take ages. I hope it can be improved upon.

Keith N