Re: Rune Level Population

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:15:36 EDT

Nick:

<< > I have a level of about 2% of the adult population being rune level. So,
> in a typical 1000-member Orlanthi clan that's about ten of 'em,

         (er, maybe not... still, that's Orlanthi counting for you!)>>

     I was including the kids in my 1000 figure but not in the 2% - and still got it wrong, mind you, since I actually meant to say 1.5%, which is amusing, given that's what you came up with...

<< The figure may be lower > in more sedentary cultures than the Orlanthi, such as the Dara Happans, or > it may be that they have just as many rune levels but a higher proportion > of them follow tame(ish) deities like Mohenjar and Oria.

 I'd suggest keeping the figure the same between primitive, nomad, barbarian and civilised cultures, for simplicity's sake and for the reasons you give.>>

     I agree that that's the better and more likely option.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky