Dwarf recycling

From: richc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 12:22:40 +0000

Hi there!

I'm re-unlurking after a while to ask for some views on Mostali society=2E I'm still working on the idea of a scenario based on a Mostali submarine exploring the oceans of Glorantha=2E

Some starting points:

 Dwarves are known to use ships

 Dwarven ships were affected by The Closing as much as anyone

 Dwarves are bred/brewed/created for specific tasks

 Therefore there will have been specific sailor dwarves before The Closing=2E

So what duties would these have been allocated to when The Closing meant their function had been overtaken by events some 600 years ago?

I thought it might be MGF if a few of them were still around today but there had to be a new batch of sailor dwarves created since The Closing=2E Perhaps there was, at some point, a heresy which believed in the forceable "recycling" of Mostali whose use was now past=2E A kind of Mostali Khmer Rouge?

Or do you see Mostali as so dedicated to the Grand Scheme that they would gladly be melted down if it would help? I don't see them that way at least IMG but I'd be interested to hear alternative views=2E

Richard Crawley