Re: For those who think that Chaos came from the Beyond...

From: Baron von Moosehsunchen <wapiti_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Sat, 8 May 99 15:11:32 CDT

& There are many, I think, that stage Chaos as an extra-dimensional or outer
& space thing. An alien (a virus!) in Glorantha that comes from outside the
& containing bubble.
& If this were right (and IMG it isn't), would there be a Realm of Chaos or
& something alike? What would it be like? Something like Lovercraft's
& Dreamlands? Could it be explored?

First: General Gloranthan belief doesn't necessarily reflect 'reality' as such.

Second: the Chaos that is within Glorantha is the Chaos to which Glorantha has given form. During the breach created by Ragnaglar (Inc), the two affected each other. Chaos weakened Glorantha's structure. Glorantha's structure forced some form upon that Chaos. (Hey, even Pocharngo has some structure....)

Third: There's a neat story about the Outer Atomic Explorers who did, in fact, explore Chaos.

& Is only Chaos that can enter Glorantha, or would there be other things that
& could? Is (in view of this) Glorantha really a closed world? Would an alien
& to Glorantha, maybe a painted Pict from Earth, be sensed as chaotic? Maybe
& that's the key to understand Chaos: what does not belong here.

Could be. My Glorantha was closed in that nothing could get in from elsewhere, but is was possible to leave (Puzzle Canal).

Scotty