Saints

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 16:02:34 +1200

David Cake:

> So, just to clarify what we are talking about here -
>- -do you think Saints are in Solace? (ie rejecting the saints as
>bodhisatvva idea)

Obviously you have missed my polemics against this very notion.

>- -do you think miraculous intervention counts as contacting Saints in
>Solace?

A Saint IMO should be able to know what goes on in more impure worlds as the Invisible God has no difficulty in doing so. If someone is of goodly nature that should lessen the "distance" between the Saint and the beseecher. The consequence of this is that more pious people are capable of having their appeals heard.

I frankly do not care about the mechanics of how the Saint works a mircaulous intervention just that it does not necessarily require a Saint to leave Solace and embody herself upon the mortal world. One can find any number of theories in Dante, Aquinas, Greek philosophy etc to steal.