Re: Whitewall 1619 and the Bat

From: arkat_at_telstra.easymail.com.au
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:30:33 +1000

"I seem to remember hearing (not reading) that in at least one campaign the Bat was defeated by a group of heroes teleporting/flying onto its back and killing off sufficient Bat-priests that the Lunars lost control of the Bat. The few surviving Bat-priests had to un-summon (what word do I mean here?) it quick, before it ate the Lunar army." Thanks Jane

I like this so much I'll go with it unless something better shows up It fits my game well:
The PCs arrive exhausted after a rush from the Lunar Empire, and get into the city saying "Look out, the Lunars are going to send the Bat!"

The Rebels are convinced and set up a great HeroQuest to empower a bunch of their champions into Bat Priest killers (basically protected from the chaotic defenses of the Bat and doing some version of a 'walking into the chaos lair' heroquest to allow them to get into the Bat's pergola(?)

So the Lunar armies will line up ready for an assault, but not attack Everyone wonders why, until the Bat shows up, flying in over the Mts Oh shit everyone says
Then it comes closer to the city, and suddenly there are extra staff on its back, hewing and slaying and protected by special HeroQuest gifts The Bat runs amok, eating Lunar soldiers by the tentacle full. The Rebel Heroes teleport away, continuing on their HeroQuest

The Crimson Bat Priesthood on the ground desperately break open the Ark of Chaos they've been carting around pull out the Unholy Scriptures and begin reading the incantations backwards

After long minutes of carnage the Bat vanishes with a great pop! :) (and a sulphurous smell?)

Hurrah! :)

Any further ideas out there?

Ian