Gloranthan crossovers

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:03:48 -0400

I never allow player characters from outside into my Glorantha. I do occasionally allow the characters to visit other worlds. IMO the aspect you have to handle correctly is the split between what the characters know about what they meet, and what the players know.

The time this seemed to work best was when the party were following a magic road, and found themselves in a strange place with a thick poisonous yellow atmosphere. After several clues the players realised that they were in Sherlock Holmes' London in the middle of a London Particular (smog). They were good enough role-players that their characters continued to assume they were in some chaos-tainted area.

They had a unicorn with them, and managed to disguise it as a horse dressed up with an obviously fake horn ...

Andrew