Glorantha and Closeness

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alex.lanciani_at_flashnet.it>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:38:24 +0200

        I think, and IMG it's true, that Glorantha *is* a closed world. Chaos should belong to the world to enforce this closeness, although Nick explanation of what is Chaos as opposed to what simply comes from the outside is satisfying.

        I think that, for MGF, Glorantha should be closed or its delicate equilibrium of myths, history and facts could be shattered and its rich background could be diluted.

        But I also think that, if I were playing an Elric or Hawkmoon campaign, one of the first outer dimensional places the characters would visit would be Glorantha. This is to say that for a strictly Gloranthan campaign interdimensional travel would be quite disruptive, but Glorantha would fit excellently in Moorcock's Multiverse. OTOH, if you play a strictly westerner campaign (a Pendragon campaign with another name - you may want to do this because in your gaming group there is a medievalist which for some reason would not be GM) emphasizing Chaos could be equally disruptive. As always, this gets down to playing styles.

	Bye,
	A closed Alex