Other Worldy Thangs...

From: Ash n' Sue <ashleym_at_telinco.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 23:43:37 +0100

Okay, so Argrath didn't go and fight Roland for the Horn of Fate - we know most of Argrath's movements (nothing scatological intended) and he didn't. However, just 'cause the Argraths, Hareks, Jar of Eels and whoever didn't leave Glorantha doesn't mean that nothing comes in or gets out.

If you want to add <generic fantasy element> to Glorantha, it can be still Glorantha. You can have an "open" Glorantha and not be at odds with most other peoples versions of the world. Provided the "external" influences don't do anything to conflict with the published Glorantha then that game is still 100% Pure Glorantha (TM). This means that the Eternal "Oh Bugger I've just bumped the missus off again oh woe is me" Champion rolling up and lopping Jar Eel's head off is right out - it didn't happen that way. On the other hand, a Melnibonean Sorcerer looking for an acid secreting demon could easily summon a Gorp and not affect Glorantha one bit.

Ash