Spirit and Forest

From: Emmanuel Ponette <eponette_at_africamuseum.be>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:43:10 +0200

I still have some difficulties trying to imagine what a shaman sees in the
'Spirit Plane'. And what kind of Living things he sees. In the 'physical
plane', we see trees, bushes, birds, rabbits, rocks, earth,..., we feel the wind, the sun and/or the rain, we feel hot or cold, dry or wet, we smell the odour of a putrid dead body or the fine perfum of a rose. What about the spirit plane (SP)? Is a second sighted person only 'looking' at the plane (only the eye perception) or does he smell, feel the wind (is there odours, winds, rains,..)? I can remenber that somebody on the list said that the SP is a kind of mirror but greyish. Why so? When a Shaman looks in the spirit plane, does he see a different thing or is it simply a extra perception, like in the movies when there are Ghosts, and some can see them and others not.
What about the 'life'? Except the occasional spirits trying to possess the shaman, does he see other 'bird' spirits, or 'rabbit'/tree/bushes/rocks... Does he see the day and the night (important if he needs to have some notion of the time while desincarnated), is there shadow/light? Could it be possible for a spirit to 'sneak'? to Hide? If the Shaman is in a dense forest, what is his visibility in the spirit plane?

Is there 'tree spirits'? (not aldryami), is there 'rock spirits'?

Well, I'd like to give my RQ Glorantha spirit plane a little touch of
'story telling' but I need more 'sense' informations.

Cheers

manu

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #593