Other worlds

From: Ashley Munday <ashley.munday_at_geocities.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:44:07 +0100

Colin seems under the impression that I like the idea of any Tom, Dick or Lord Jagged wandering about Glorantha...

Sorry if I gave that impression: I don't. I just don't like the idea that it's totally banned or it's just not cricket to try it. It's probably a knee jerk reaction to the old ADnD attitude: "If you don't play by the exact letter of the rules, your players will dessert in droves and you will be cast out into the twin deserts of accountancy and computer programming."

I've played with a couple of refs that managed to totally shit on Glorantha by trying to incorporate elements of this, that and the other. However, on the other hand, I've seen some class examples of how you can integrate Glorantha into other worlds and not break it.

Lets face it, whats the more likely to stop your Glorantha from working with other people's: Your Adventurers becoming so powerful they can kill Harek or importing some degenerate Hobbit that paddles his tree trunk up and down the Oslir looking for his precious?

Ash