Other Worldy Thangs...

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:25:55 +0100

Ash :

>If you want to add <generic fantasy element> to Glorantha, it can be still
>Glorantha. You can have an "open" Glorantha and not be at odds with most
>other peoples versions of the world. Provided the "external" influences
>don't do anything to conflict with the published Glorantha then that game
>is still 100% Pure Glorantha (TM). This means that the Eternal "Oh Bugger
>I've just bumped the missus off again oh woe is me" Champion rolling up and
>lopping Jar Eel's head off is right out - it didn't happen that way. On the
>other hand, a Melnibonean Sorcerer looking for an acid secreting demon
>could easily summon a Gorp and not affect Glorantha one bit.

The question is why? What's wrong with just summoning a miscellaneous acid spewing demonic blob from one of the Chaos Spheres? What benefit does your game or you Melnibonean sorcerer gain from it being a genuine 100% Gloranthan Gorp rather than simply something uncannily similar?

I just don't see the point.

Simon Hibbs