Pohl Anderson and Soul site

From: Dom Twist <thazar_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 21:10:37 +0100

>From a spiritual Alex. :-

>But the best Second Sight I've
>seen was in the works of Poul Anderson, especially The Shattered Sword.

Poul A is indeed a very very fine source for inspiration (as all those Traveller players knew long ago!). My only reservation is that Poul uses a very European model for his mythologies, a good thing for European like settings but not all of Glorantha by any means. But as my Campaign is set in Dragon pass I tend to use the Shattered Sword as background. As well as Icelandic Saga and the rest.

    Speaking of Poul his 'The Mermaids Children' is a excellent source for sea based campaigns.

Dom