Cities and WD

From: Ash n' Sue <ashleym_at_telinco.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 21:12:18 +0100

Dom Twist mentions the old WD series on an AD&D city sometime around WD 40ish.

Before this, they did a series of articles "Designing a quasi-medieval society for D&D" (WD 29 and 30) and "The Town Planner" (WD 31 -33). IMHO this wees over the RQ cities supplement - some of the best articles WD ever did. Okay, so all the historical guff is for the Middle Ages, but the basic ideas are there.

Now, all I have to do is find the bastard that nicked my copy of WD 33 so I can exact a lingering revenge...

[Incidentally, just before this, WD ran a series on Time and Space Travel in DnD which prompted the following comment on the letters page of WD 29: "Perhaps if the author feels he needs a change from ordinary AD&D ... he should play Traveller instead." There was also the latest letter in a debate comparing story telling and more simulation style RPGs. Nothing ever changes huh?]

Ash