Prax

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_dstc.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 17:07:33 +1000

One thing I have sometimes wondered (doesn't keep me awake at night but...): in Prax, the chapparal is supposed to be inimicable to pure human existance - the tribes *cannot* exist without their animals to extract sustenance from the earth. Now, I am wondering whether it is a magical thing or a 'real', physical phenomenon.

OK, before I get shot down for the last sentence, let me posit: if I were an atheist farmer from somewhere else in Glorantha (!?), and I suddenly came to Prax with a number of my non-Praxian animals. Would it be *impossible* for me to live a long, healthy life based on those animals in Prax because of myth and 'magic'? Assume please that the Praxians themselves leave me alone, and that I'm too insignificant for any god to send spirits to bother me etc. I've got the skills in a harsh environment, let's say, as well. Assume I don't get struck down with a random disease etc.

Those who believe it is a question that should never be asked - may I respectfully ask that you don't bother to respond. I (think) I know those lines and I'm not interested in them - save your fingers :-)

Cheers
Robert