Real City

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:33:27 EDT

On the Real City

<< "This surviving part of the city is still beautiful, and its

 	fame confirms the legends of Pavis's ancient splendor.  The
 	residents meanly live in these grand habitations, aping the
 	greatness of their past. >>

Do we have any models for the style of Ancient Pavic Architecture. I am particularly intrigued as to the appearence of the cyclopean pinkish Temple (aka King's Villa) for example. I currently imagine them as somewhat Egyptian in appearance, mostly because a lot of 'ancient ruins' are Egyptian, but also because of the 'important river' link, the 'hidden/buried secrets' theme of Egyptology and of the Rubble.

Other evidence points to plenty of towers (pulled down by nomads), tenement blocks and assorted fortifications after the fall of the city.

Keith N

Keith N