Re: Gloranthan Freeforms

From: IUL Labor <IUL-Schleswig_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:15:28 +0200

Keith asked about Gloranthan Freeforms.

> << Freeform "People of Pavis" >>

> I had not heard of this freeform

Run at German RQ-Con 1997 at Castle Stahleck, Bacharach.

> and wondered if anyone had a complete (ish)
> list of reasonable sized Gloranthan Freeforms.
> These are ones that I have heard about:-

RMM 50+ participants
- - Home of the Bold (A Rough Guide to Boldhome and various game write-ups)
- - How the West Was One (University of Sog City Council Guide, and Proceedings in Malkionism with game write-ups) - - Moonson (A Rough Guide to Glamour)

Chris Gidlow's "dozen players" freeforms
> Tarsh War (published by RMM)
> Revolt in the Redlands

German RQ-Con 50+ bilingual (German/English) freeforms: - - Heroes of Wisdom (with the Jonstown Guidebook) - - Rise of Ralios (= Worlds Greatest Tournament, which is the guidebook for it)
- - People of Pavis (guidebook - with hitherto unpublished Griselda stories - out of print)

plus Ingo's roughly 30 players freeform "King's Funeral" (also set in Kustria, Ralios; no guidebook I'm aware of).

RQ-Con freeform (50-ish players):
- - Broken Council

Shorter US/Canada/Down Under Gloranthacon freeforms, 10 to 20-ish participants
> Diet of Wyrms
> Orkarl's Bull
> Three Heads Are Better Than One (I think, some sort of Thanatari scenario)

This is not counting any rubber-sword Glorantha LARPs (one of which took place at Tentacles last weekend, and some were at least in planning stage in the UK, as I learned on last Convulsion).