Re: spoken word

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 18:25:32 EDT

In a message dated 29/5/99 08:53:04 GMT, you write:

<< I have encountered some discrepencies in local parlance recently: What is
 the correct/accepted pronunciation of the name "Genertela"? How does  Greg(c) say it?

 Is the _G_ hard, such that it would alliterate with Greg's Gods of Glorantha?>>

     This seems to be the general rule with Gloranthan naming. Besides, Genertela is named for Genert, which is definately pronounced with the hard 'G', according to the GoG prosopaedia.

<< Which syllable(s) should be accented/emphasized?>>

     Its the first syllable in 'Genert' (GoG again), so I'd assume its the first and third syllables in 'Genertela'.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky