Re: RQ v HW

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:28:29 EDT

Petsku Koo:

<< hello everybody i m wondering what the new glorantha game will be??
  whats the rules like ??>>

      One useful resource is www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley/. Although the characters and cult write-ups here are for the draft version of the rules, which have been modified since to the point where the stats would have to be re-written (most notably, skills are rated with a single number now, rather than two numbers separated by a '/'), it at least gives an idea of what HW looks like, if not the details of how it works.

<< is the magic difrent from old sorcery/spirit/runemagic?>>

    Pretty different in rules terms, although the three types do apparently exist. Since the magic rules have been pretty much entirely re-written since the end of public playtesting, I don't think there's many people know the details. Unless he owned up to more at Tentacles, Greg's only public comment about the magic rules so far has been 'each of the planes has an additional Mastery x5 (aka 100 Advantage Points)
resistance'. Don't ask me what that means in English - I haven't a clue.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky