Re: HW Magic rules

From: David Scott <d.scott_at_nmsi.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 10:19:45 +0100

>>Greg's only public comment
>>about the magic rules so far has been 'each of the planes has an additional
>>Mastery x5 (aka 100 Advantage Points)
>>resistance'.
>
> I believe this may be only Mastery x3 now.

To get into the Hero/God/spirit plane you have to overcome a resistance of Mastery3. This means that a Rune Lord or Priest (They have Mastery3 by definition) has a 50% chance of getting into the heroplane. On HH days etc. They get a support bonus making it near impossible to fail on special days.

I ran the Hero Wars intro game in Germany (Return to Apple Lane) recently. The magic was pretty straight forward, Except for some confusion over how healing works and that sorcery was far to leathal to the caster. Minor bugs only.

David

David Scott, Explainer, National Museum of Science & Industry. mailto:d.scott_at_nmsi.ac.uk
http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/