Eaten by chaos, again?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:06:42 +0100 (BST)

David Weihe sayeth:
> All that its being Chaotic means is that its victims are completely
> destroyed, rather than "just" turned into a few million spirits.

I submit that this is not some invariable property of Chaos that the above implies it to be; yes, it's true of the Bat, the specific instance in question, but not necessarily in general.

> [victims' descendents might care] since they won't have the gaping hole
> in their family treewhere several generations of the forgotten used to be.

I'm pretty confident that the Bat _doesn't_ have this effect; Kajabor did, of course, but few other forms of Chaos have worked in precisely this manner.

Cheers,
Alex.