Elves &tc.

From: Roland Volz <roland_volz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 22:56:02 PDT

I have a question for the list concerning elves. I am aware that the cognate for Yelmalio (i.e., god of the mountain sun) is Halamalao, and I've seen a reference to the Father of Plants as Falamal. I can accept that the GLs adapted Falamal to Flamal, and that Monrogh adapted Halamalao to Yelmalio, but what would the cognates be for some of the other deities? For instance, is the deity known to Sartarites as Aldrya called Aladariya? It is thought that Babeester Gor is worshipped by the elves; was this worship adopted by the elves from human forms, or is there an elven cognate of the Holy Avenger of the Earth?

I apologize that this adds nothing to the HW discussion currently the hot topic on the list.

Roland