Delecti

From: IUL Labor <IUL-Schleswig_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:44:14 +0200

Jane Williams

> Staying firmly on the fence, since I don't feel I know enough about the
> system to pass judgement: but I did hear some Numbers at Tentacles
> that might add something to the argument:

> Rune Level: 3 levels of mastery, yes.

Perhaps we should define Rune Level before arguing about comparisons... Joe "just became priest" or Minaryth "been there, done that" Purple?

> Delecti: four levels of mastery (dunno in what)
> Humakt: ten levels of mastery (in "Kill", presumably).

> This is not how I had previously understood Delecti.

Well, Delecti has an automatted critical in an unopposed "Make Zombies from the Slain" roll (his exotic ability from the DP game), which should be sufficient. Another high mastery ability would be "Stitch up Monster", probably with a bonus for undead creatures.

As for his Rune Lord status of Vivamort, this has always had a ring of falsehood to me - why not a zombie deity, like Gark or ZZ? He seems to be able to dominate the Daughters of Darkness (not the inflamable RQ-Supplement, but the vampiric creatures described in Tales 18), though, another not too heroically difficult ability if they are friendly. And he never was a hero in the DP boardgame sense.