Hero Wars Demos at the Summer Conventions

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 99 00:47:53 -0400

Mark Mohrfield wrote:

>Speaking of Hero Wars, does anyone know if there will be
>demos at this summers cons, particularly Origins?

I am trying to make arrangements with Greg to run Hero Wars demos at Origins on Friday and Saturday, with a possible Sunday session as well if I can find crash space for the duration. I will be running two sessions on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at GenCon, plus one session on Sunday, assuming all goes as planned. All will be four-hour events, featuring full-blown scenarios aimed at a variety of playing styles... from Griselda-style street grittiness to Argrath-style epic heroics... in order to highlight the versatility of the Hero Wars system.

Anyone interested in aiding with scenario design should please feel free to drop me a line at the email address listed below... I could use the assistance if I'm to have three moderately complete adventures crafted before the first of July. I'd like to explore areas of Glorantha outside those already heavily documented, so anyone with ideas for scenarios centered on the East Isles, Vormain, Jrustela, Afadjann, or set in the First or Second Age, should contact me as soon as possible. Also, if anyone can direct me to sources on the Internet which cover any of these regions or time periods, I would be most appreciative (sound off, oh ye Experts!).

Michael Schwartz mschwartz_at_mindspring.com Ann Arbor, MI USA

"I've always said you can get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than with a kind word alone." -- Marcus Cole, Babylon 5