Mysticism mish-mash.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 07:37:10 +0100 (BST)

Nils:
> and scottish Alex:
> >
> >Surely Iradgenderi are the other 'endpoint'? The commonplace
> 'entropy'
> >is just par for the course for everyone in the East, and the capital-E
> >mythically scarey variety doesn't really seem to figure.

> What I mean is that Entropy is at the bottom end,
> because it's the final dissolution: the fragments
> of matter, time and consciousness turned inifinitely
> small.

I still don't get what role capital-E Entropy has in Vithelan myth. The best comparison I could think of would be Oorsu Sara, who firstly is not thought of in explicitly entropic terms, and secondly is very high on the Consciousness scale. What actual entity or specific concept is there in the East which would be lower on the scale of the Measures than the Iradgenderi?

> >I don't really agree that the Mystic is Eternal,
> >and the non-Mystic Transient. [...]

This wasn't me...

Peter Metcalfe:
> Alex Ferguson:
>
> spake thus on the Matrix:
>
> >Mind you, the really shocking revelation is that... Keanu Doesn't Suck.
>
> proving that he needs his head examined. Keanu becoming Buddha
> _yet_ *again* was a distinct gripe I had with the movie.

Well, perhaps a bodhisattva. But I'll shut up now, since I really don't want to do the spoiler thang...

In admittedly only half-hearted defence of my mental state, I'll plead not having seen the other movie you refer to, so the alleged pattern didn't loom large in my consciousness.

Cheers,
Alex.