HW bump ups

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:47:32 +0800

        The problem is, after all the confusion has been eliminated about what is a priest, what is just a guideline, what info was incorrect, the problem that I was objecting too - the simple problem of scale - remains. In essence, there are too many W's for my taste.

	I will continue to argue my case for the HW mechanics offline.
	But what really concerns me is I wonder if what I perceive as a big
flaw, and a major departure from my view of Glorantha (ie every village tough guy is a superhumanly powerful WWW) may actually be intentional on Gregs part (every villages toughest guy is able to incarnate heroes, chop through stone, and perform similar outrageous things). Any comments?

Doyle
>I wasn't talking about reaching the Hero Plane (I use the word Otherworld,
>>personally. YVocabularyMV). I was wondering about what is considered as
>the >standard scale, in HW parlance, for various entities in the Mundane,
>Physical, >'Walk There And Yes I See It Without Being Initiated' plane.

        Standard scale for what? I don't think there is a standard scale for any particular plane EXCEPT when you are talking about specifically magical abilities for specific people. Perhaps there should be a standard scale for certain mundane human abilities (a bit like the Pendragon characteristic limits - you can exceed the limit, but not by simple training).

        Vocabulary wise, Otherworld and Heroplane have different meanings, as I understand it. Otherworld is a catchall for all the magical levels of existence, Heroplane is a name for a particular one of those levels of existence. To enter the Otherworld requires magic, to enter the Heroplane requires particularly strong magic, to enter the god plane requires even stronger magic, etc. Greg may not have all the wrinkles in this worked out yet, but this is my understanding. I know that there is a lot of stuff he has done on this recently.

>But, what the hell, if the current draft sez it is the way you say, then
>it is the way you say.

        My understanding may be dim as any other - in particular, I am not immune to the common curse of understanding Greg to have said what I wanted him to say.

	Cheers
		David

'...never support evil as a preferred lifestyle'
	-TSR Inc corporate standards
 	OldThinkers UnBellyFeel MoonWise! - Nick Brooke