WWW Ultimate Championship Fight

From: Steven E. Barnes <akuma_at_best.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:10:17 -0700 (PDT)

>From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>

>MOB wrote

>>Seems to me that the previous attempt at a new set of RPG rules for
>>Glorantha (remember RQ AiG?) got sunk because way too many people got
>>stuck into it before it had a chance, and the authors got distracted
>>dousing little fires all over the place rather than just concentrating on
>>getting the bugger finished.

>Well, no. The problems were that a) Greg and Sandy both thought it needed
>some work done to it and the designers were somewhat possessive of their
>work. b) The designers didn't listen to the playtesters. (Remember the
>godlike shamans and the useless sorcerers?) and C)This was Avalon Hill
>that was trying to publish it, so I'm sure there were other problems at
>that end that I'm not aware of.

>Kevin

I agree 100%. All these problems really screwed up the design of RQ3... Oh wait, you mean AiG...

Now that evil Avalon Hill is out of the picture, I'm sure that Greg, et al, will really get it right, This Time For Sure...

I'll second MOB; Just Ship It!

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>

>> But what really concerns me is I wonder if what I perceive as a big
>>flaw, and a major departure from my view of Glorantha (ie every village
>>tough guy is a superhumanly powerful WWW) may actually be intentional on
>>Gregs part (every villages toughest guy is able to incarnate heroes, chop
>>through stone, and perform similar outrageous things). Any comments?
>
>Yup. WWW ain't superhuman, not even close.

Suddenly I'm concerned. Did I miss something, or is WWW equivalent to 60 in Pendragon (and 300% in RQ)?

And people called my group powergamers?