Sartarite clans

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:29:17 +1200

Ricky Dawson:

>What I am hoping is that there is someone out there who can tell me
>where I can find clan names/info for the following tribes:

>Aranwyth, Balkoth, Balmyr, Ducks, Dundealos, Dinacoli, Kheldon, Kultain,
>Locaem, Sambari, Telmori, Amad, Bahad, Princeros,Tres and Vantaros....

There's no official list of Sartarite clans that I'm aware of although Joerg may have such a list compiled in the execution of his duties. One name that I can help you with is the Kheldron. Queen Kallyr has some companions whose clan associations are known according to KoS p235. They are: Blackrock, Greenhaf, Jerending, Blue Spruce, farther Squat Oak (implies the existance of the nearer Squat Oak), Elkenval and White Quartz.

The Telmori and the Ducks do not have orlanthi-style clans as far as I'm aware. Following Dragon Pass, I suspect that humans merely label the duck communities as Ducks, Ducks and, More Ducks.

>As well as the names of all the clans does anybody have any idea how the
>tribal/clan feuds pan out - e.g. who are blood enemies to who. Again
>I've used what sources I have but things seem a bit vague.....

Neighbouring clans that belong to opposing tribes (say the Varmandi and the Orlevings) can be counted on to be blood enemies.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #638