What's an EEE character, then?

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:16:55 +0100

[me]
>>People have been talking about levels of mastery/expertise etc with Eric
>>saying that WWW doesn't come close to being a superhero (okay so I
>>paraphrase). What I want to know is does that mean a person with one WWW
>>skill or a person with a range of skills/abilities at WWW. Using RQ terms
>>would characters, one with 90% in listen and the other with 90% in
>>perception both be considered 90% characters? (Using 90% as a corollary for
>>WWW)
>
>Doesn't really matter. 90% in Listen itself is meaningless, really,
>and not a corollary for anything. In RQ it is arbitrarily set in terms
>of actual ability by the GM for each case. Think about it and how it
>actually works in game play. Does 90% mean your chance of hearing a
>conversation between two others a few feet away, a dozen, in the next
>room, in the next county? It means what the GM wants it to mean.

That's not what I'm asking. A few digests ago it was said that a rune level would be in the EEE bracket, what I'm still asking is whether that means for a one skill, five cult skills, a broad base of skills or what?

Ta

PS Looking forward to getting my Pavis/Rubble book. If only they did Hawkmooon.... ;)