Re: Sartarite Clans

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 18:44:20 EDT

Joerg says, of various clans mentioned in the Jonstown Guide and similar places:

<< Which of these are "official" I can't say (yet). >>

     I asked Robin about this sometime last year, when he was compiling the Sartar book. At that time, he strongly believed that *none* of these clans would become official. Obviously I can't say whether there has been change on this since, or whether the new books will explicitly contradict such fan-produced clan lists - although it seems inevitable IMO that some will be somewhere, even if only unintentionally. The moral is, if you want a definitive (although presumably not complete) list of Sartarite clans that won't be contradicted in official publications, wait for the Sartar Book to be published. In the meantime, make them up, and worry about retrofitting later; after all, this sort of thing is unavoidable when new material is coming out.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky