lay members

From: Manzato Claude <Claude.Manzato_at_at.siemens.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:57:30 +0200

Ian Thomson said:

>In the (various) rules, I'm discussing costs of Lay Membership and
>Initiation, and Pavis is one example

>would people agree or disagree that 1POW is reasonable for Lay Membership
>in a City God Cult, even though other cults charge nothing (in terms of
>POW) for Lay Membership

I always imagined that Lay membership in a City cult is citizenship, and so conditions would be variable between the cities: theocratic or holy city would require 1POW sacrifice, mercantile and trading ones may ask for a yearly financial contribution, warlike ones for a militia service, etc...

As always my model is ancient greece, and I think many ideas can be taken from it in this respect. Maybe some city cults positions are avaible for extra financial contributions (like in Athens for those who funded spectacles or warships upkeep), or they are decided by the vote of the citizen.

Have a nice day, ciao.