Horses for Courses

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 21:03:20 EDT

Quaoting Jane:
<<
 The point you're probably missing here is that only certain species of  animal were allowed to thrive in Prax under Waha's Covenant. Bison  are one of them. Cattle are not.

and going off on a slight tangent....

I wonder if there are any opinions on horses with respect to their viability in Praxian chaparral. The Pure Horse People obviously survived in the second age, and the ecological border with Pent is known to fluctuate. My own view is that horses are disliked so much by Praxians because they can survive as well as Eiritha beasts. Either that or they degrade the environment in some way, but there is no evidence of that AFAIK. Any there are other reasons that horses are taboo I would be interested.

Keith N