Emperor/Shah

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:33:50 EDT

Because it touches pretty closely on my current campaign and links two threads I thought I'd give a little synopsis of my current game:

Players are Carmanians, from Worion, during the Blood Shah War (current date 1262ST). Most have some reason to hate the Lunar Empire; fathers killed (or believed killed, possibly now Mad Horders) in the first battle of chaos, uncles massacred at the Shah Maat, mentors assassinated by Moon Assassins (unproven). They have just been involved in a large scale campaign against Vakthan Ilart (the Moon Shah), and have been seeking the 'Mantle of Sovreignty' or something that they believe will give someone a legitimate claim to be Shah. They have tried contacting Charmain at Castle Blue and believe that the Lunars were after the same thing during the Battle of Castle Blue. Eventually they will realise that the Shah is anyone who has the Power to be Shah. The position of Shah is simply the most powerful leader, not necessarily one with Justice, and is derived from the Scarlet Camp, which was to the West of Yelm , whose power is Sovreignty , and from the City of the Crown, whose ruler is Deumalos the Master of Sovreignty (from GRoY, which gave me the idea).

While searching for this power/artefact they have gone on a Heroquest which reenacts the beginning of the Storm Age; culminating in them killing their rightful ruler (in this case the Prince of Worion). Strangely, a Humakti didn't kill the Prince, (dishonourable), an Orlanth worshipper tried to but failed, and a Trickster (actually a worshipper of Natha) sneaked up on the noble prince, and killed him, after looting his court. A Priestess of UlEria then donned his robe (believing it to be THE mantle) and declared herself Hierophant (and since everyone believed that she was, she actually was). The Humakti, after magically severing his kinship ties, lost all his Hatred for the Lunar Empire, which he had gained as a result of his loss of his family. He hasn't told anyone yet.

They have now set off in search of allies in Dara Happa, currently in rebellion against the Lunars. They have a number of leads and are still, in effect, on a Heroquest:
They are seeking help from a number of Yelm 'incarnations' Vinyargatha - who represents Yelm Bijiif (perhaps) Jannisor - who represents Yelmalio/Elmal.(maybe)

Whether Jannisor has gained come to prominence as a result of the start of their Storm Age is open to question.

It would be quite neat if I get them to apologise for Carmanian apologies to the Dara Happans before Vinyargatha will aid them.

Keith N