Re: Pam's Pelorians

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_csi.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:04:49 +0100

___
Pam writes, perceptively:

> According to Pelandan mythology, we have pre-solar Peloria cooking along,
> with priestesses whacking male gods over the head every year to make the
> crops grow better.

Another explanation of some of those myths (especially the Naveria story) is that they show usurpation of female rule by males (and/or of male rule by females) as distinct threads in history rather than as cyclical annual events. I wrote a chunky analysis of Greg's early draft of the Naveria story along these lines, and may pass this on if I can dig it out some time. It makes the position of Pelorian Sun and Moon empires look rather interesting...

:::: Email: <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com> Nick
:::: Web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke/>