RE: Orlanthi "Armies"

From: Dan McCluskey <daniem_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:05:36 -0700

Sir "not Ellen" said:
> Sometimes I imagine [an orlanthi army] as a huge carload of children, and
the poor
> warleader saying "Do you want me to stop this war RIGHT NOW and let you
all
> out?" and "Don't make me come back there".

which is almost EXACTLY how it's played out in Jeff Richard's first age game... any time not spent in actual combat is focussed on bickering between factions (even the PC's can't get along with each other very well ;-) I think there have been at least two occasions where Lord Demon of Death came about "this close" to killing one or more PC's -- and we were in HIS army! (briefly)

The real trick to leading orlanthi is to get them more exited about fighting "the enemy" than each other -- and that's no easy trick.

I suppose this is mostly just yet another violation of rule one, but I really felt that the "carload of children" analogy was brilliant enough to bear repeating...

danm

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #28