Re: Lunar Topics

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:48:15 +0000

Peter Metcalfe
>>Let's not forget that there is still strong Orlanth worship in
>>much of the Lunar Empire, within the Glowline, much to the
>>Empire's chagrin (Riskland/Skanthiland, Rebel Tarsh and so on),

> None of those lands are within the Glowline. There is weak Orlanth
> worship within the Glowline.

Aggar does have Orlanth worship, within the Glowline. And there is little but surrogate Orlanth worship anywhere in the Orlanthi provincial kingdoms.

>>Lunar worship seems broad but shallow in
>>the conquered provinces, as when Argrath liberates Tarsh people seem
>>to return to the old Lightbringer worship rather quickly.

> Do they? He's intervening on the behalf of a prominent Lunar
> family which seems to suggest Lunars are still flavour of the
> month in Tarsh.

Argrath does not exactly intervene on behalf of the Fazzurites, but to oppose Moirades and Pharandros. While Lunar religion seems to remain in Tarsh after the conquest, Orlanthi religion never has been extinct.

> Not to mention that Argrath's liberation is
> rather fleeting itself.

Not much of a liberation with a king like Mularik, I agree...