Re: Flat Glorantha

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 08:22:22 EDT

Ian Gorlick
<< (Even
 if Glorantha isn't a sphere, there is no reason why the surface can't be  curved >>

I admit this is my solution to the 'problem'. Glorantha could have a curvature, twice the size or Earths perhaps, and appear relatively flat. IT has even been described as a "slightly bulging, squarish lozenge".

I imagine it as a perfect cube that has been pumped full of air. I also feel there is some sort of slowly increasing tilt to the surface, the South West is rising, the North East sinking. This is probably due to the weight of Valind's Glacier, or the unbalanced Skydome, or a Mostali plot, or despite a Mostali plot.

Keith N