Re: flat horizons

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 22:28:05 +0100 (BST)

Ian Gorlick notes:
> I know that the flat planet theory is official, but I have never liked it.

[...]

> Some people may like this, I don't. So my Glorantha does have a horizon. I'm
> not sure yet if it is caused by curving light or a curved surface, I think
> this is a major debate among Gloranthan geographers.

This in fact _is_ a pretty good summary of the Official position. Greg has said he likes the Bendy Light Theory (Dammit Jim, he's a mythographer, not a physicist!), but I don't think it's ever been ordained to be Objectively True, so the more culturally-determined rationales of the horizon (or of why people don't _care_ or think about why there's a horizon) the better...

Slan,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #48