Re : Combining Magical Practices

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:54:27 +0100

>The Orlanth cult teaches only selected spirit magic
>to it's worshipers, but there's nothing to stop them
>learning almost any other spirit magic from a shaman
>or from a friendly cult.

If it's an Orlanthi shaman, such as a Kolating, then that's acceptable. If it isn't, then the Orlanthi is (IMO) either going to be ostracised for heresy, or pressured to give up the magical secrets of these foreigners whose magic he has stolen, so that it can be weakened or stolen in a heroquest. I have tightened up my opinions on sharing magic (ie. shamans teaching spells to all and sundry) over the last couple of years, and I believe it should be strongly discouraged.

Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated. http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
Failure is not an option, it's integral to the o/s.