Agimori go into the woods

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:04:31 +1000

G'day all,

Agimori go into the woods

Peter sez, of Agimori access to wood:

>On the contrary, _vonsay_ (spearshaft) trees grow on the plains
>of Jolar (ML p68) and there are pine forests in Taluk Mormadak.
>Plus the Kresh always have more wood than they need.

Sorry, I wasn't actually thinking of *Pamaltelan* Agimori; rather, their Praxian cousins, who share the same treeless region as the Pol Joni (who are, after all, the focus of this debate, aren't they?)

It is possible I suppose the Agimori brought *vonsay* seeds with them to Prax from their homeland long ago; if so, I suspect the vonsay trees' existence remains a great tribal secret, and a source of wonder to everyone just where the Agimori get their wood from, deep in the desert. Not a bad idea that, and resonant with scenario possibilities...

However, you argued that the Pol Joni couldn't possibly get wood from the surrounding forests, yet cite the pine forests of the Taluk Mormadak as a source for the Pamaltelan Agimori! If one lot can get it, why not the other?

Cheers,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Education, University of Melbourne
    Email me at home: mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
    Email me at work: obrien.michael.m_at_edumail.vic.gov.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html